Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cooling Eye Mask :)

My Cooling Eye Mask pattern has been bought and will appear in the January 2011 Crochet! Magazine. I am SO excited! I really like the design and the concept and am actually pretty proud of myself for coming up with it. Many times I see something really cool or an interesting concept and see if I can crochet it or knit it but this time it was all mine!

I am also taking a couple classes from Shannon Okey (www.knitgrrl.com) one on Publishing and the other a Designers 101 course. Of course I have already been published and have already designed but these courses are a way to fine tune what I know and teach me what I Dont Know that I dont know. So far I have updated my pattern template from boring to awesome, written a pattern submission proposal (which I'd done a few times), a book proposal (which was pretty darn cool) and come up with a Designers Checklist. So many good ideas and awesome co-students. People that I have admired their work so much and now I get to "meet" them.

On that book proposal, I think I might really start working toward something like that. The idea, as I've mentioned before on the other blog, is teaching crocheters to knit continentally since it is so similar to crochet and to give patterns in both crafts to show the differences in action. For instance, my Quilty Babyghan (which is still almost done!) would look great, but different, knitted and crocheted. I want to highlight what works better in the other craft and help crocheters stop fearing the stick! I am positive that I am not the only one that can't crochet a sock to fit on my foot!

Here's an idea of what I'm working on design-wise:
a little black dress (also the niggling of another one in my head tyvm Teen Vogue)
said babyghan
a yolk sweater with fair isle (fancy schmancy!)
a cable front sweater
another cable front sweater
a little girls dance skirt
a series (purse, vest, jacket) based on a common coat type

Is that it? hrm. Well, I guess I'll get to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment